When you rename an account in Sheetsync, two things happen:
- The account name used for future transactions and balance history is changed for all spreadsheets.
- The account name used for existing transactions and balance history is changed for the current spreadsheet only.
As a result, when you rename accounts that are linked to multiple spreadsheets, you will need to manually change the account name in your other spreadsheets.
After you rename the account in Sheetsync, here's the easiest way to rename your account across all of your other spreadsheets:
Do the following for each spreadsheet containing the account.
- Click “Edit” and then “Find and Replace”.
- In the “Find” field, type your old account name.
- In the “Replace” field, type your new account name.
- Click “Done”. This should successfully modify all of your historical data to reflect the new account name.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!